Quickbooks and its internal licensing can be a quirky thing. It can get extra quirky if you clone a hard drive that it is installed on to a new one. I had a client upgrading to a larger SSD drive. After the cloning was completed I booted to the new drive and was greeted with this message, “(Error 3371, StatusCode -11118) Quickbooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files…”
I followed the troubleshooting steps presented at www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html and was not able to resolve the issue. I ended up at the QuickBooks support page, Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties. I ran the Quickbooks Component Repair Tool, I uninstalled QuickBooks and ran the Clean Install Utility and then re-installed QuickBooks. I initially skipped the step of recreating the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file because I had read in some other forums that doing that made matters worse. And to only run the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool or uninstall the program and then re-install after running the Clean Install Utility to resolve the issue. Those options did not work in my case so I began looking more into recreating the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml files.
I came across a few forums that said recreating the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file was the way to go and those forums reported good results. The C.O.D. forum had a post on that process as well and they usually have good and useful info on that forum so I decided it was safe to give it a try. Since all versions of QuickBooks on this pc were yielding the same error I had to delete a few EntitlementDataStore.ecml files. More often than not you will find the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file for your version of QuickBooks in this location, C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\, with a “v3” or a “v6.0” or something along those lines depending on your version of QuickBooks. I just did a search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and deleted all the ones it found.
After I deleted the files I reopened QuickBooks and it loaded as normal. Unfortunately, you have to re-register the program so it is a good idea to have your registration information handy. And since there were five different version of the program on this PC a lot of registering had to take place. After re-registering the product everything worked just fine and the client was happy. And at the end of the day you want a happy client.
Statistics recorded with Counterize - Version 3.1.4